Do not take more than directed
Adults and children 12 years and over: Take 1 caplet every 4 hours as needed. Do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years of age: Do not use
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Keep outer carton for complete product information
Asthma alert: Because asthma may be life threatening, see a doctor if you:
- Are not better in 60 minutes
- Get worse
- Need more than 6 caplets in 24 hours
- Use more than 4 caplets in 24 hours for 3 or more days a week
- Have more than 2 asthma attacks in a week
- These may be signs that your asthma is getting worse
- This product will not give you asthma relief as quickly as an inhaled bronchodilator.
Do not use:
- Unless a doctor said you have asthma
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Ever been hospitalized for asthma
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Narrow angle glaucoma
- A psychiatric or emotional condition
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- A cough which is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- Taking prescription drugs for asthma, obesity, weight control, depression or psychiatric or emotional conditions
- Taking any drug that contains phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, ephedrine or caffeine (such as for allergy, cough-cold or pain)
When using this product:
- Your blood pressure or heart rate may go up. This could increase your risk of heart attack or stroke, which may cause death.
- Your risk of heart attack or stroke increases if you:
- Have a history of high blood pressure or heart disease
- Take this product more frequently or take more than the recommended dose
- Avoid foods or beverages that contain caffeine
- Avoid dietary supplements containing ingredients reported or claimed to have a stimulant effect
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your asthma is getting worse (see Asthma Alert)
- You have difficulty sleeping
- You have a rapid heart beat
- You have tremors, nervousness or seizure
- Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.