Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
Not for use in children under 12 years of age
Adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Protect from light.
- Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- Do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn.
Loperamide HCl 2 mg (in each capsule)
Butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
Do not use:
- If you have bloody or black stool
- In children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Mucus in the stool
- A history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking antibiotics.
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Symptoms get worse
- Diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- You get abdominal swelling or bulging
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.