Adults 18 years of age and older
This product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
May take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-Day Course of Treatment:
- Swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- Take every day for 14 days
- Do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- Swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules
- Do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed):
- You may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- Do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
Children under 18 years of age: Ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Read the directions and warnings before use
- Keep the carton. It contains important information.
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Do not use if seal under bottle cap imprinted with ‘SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION’ or yellow band around the center of each capsule is broken or missing.
Corn starch, D&C red no. 28, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, ferric oxide, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, pharmaceutical ink, polysorbate 80, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- Trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating, pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- Frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
- Warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)
- Prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- Digoxin (heart medicine)
- Diazepam (anxiety medicine)
- Tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicine)
- Prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)
- Methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your heartburn continues or worsens
- You need to take this product for more than 14 days
- You need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- You get diarrhea
- You develop a rash or joint pain
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.