Adults and children 12 years and over:
- To relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew.
- To prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water at any time from 10 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn
- Do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
Children under 12 years: Ask a doctor
- Read the directions and warnings before use
- Keep the carton. It contains important information.
- Store below 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Protect from moisture
Famotidine USP 20 mg (in each tablet)
Carnauba wax, Corn starch, Hydroxypropyl cellulose, Hypermellose, Magnesium stearate, Microcrystalline cellulose, Red iron oxide, Sodium starch glycolate, Talc, Titanium dioxide, Yellow iron oxide
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
Do not use:
- If you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- With other acid reducers
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- Heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- Chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- Frequent chest pain
- Frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- Unexplained weight loss
- Nausea or vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your heartburn continues or worsens
- You need to take this product for more than 14 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222)