Histaminum hydrochloricum is a homeopathic preparation of histamine hydrochloride. Histamine is a compound involved in allergic reactions which causes itching. The process of preparing the homeopathic medicine Histaminum hydrochloricum involves significantly diluting its raw material, histamine hydrochloride.
Click here to learn more about the dilution process and why homeopathic medicines should not be confused with their raw materials.
What is homeopathic Histaminum hydrochloricum typically used to treat?
- Symptoms of allergic reactions, such as hay fever symptoms, itching or hives
Common brands containing Histaminum hydrochloricum:
How much homeopathic Histaminum hydrochloricum can you take?
Histaminum hydrochloricum may be found in products where it is the only active ingredient or in combination products containing two or more homeopathic active ingredients.
Different types of medicines containing this active ingredient have different purposes and directions. That is why it is always important to read and follow the Drug Facts label. The Warning section indicates how many days of self-treatment are safe. After this time, stop use and ask a doctor if symptoms persist or worsen.
Safety guide for Histaminum hydrochloricum
Most over-the-counter (OTC) homeopathic ingredients are dilutions of the raw material. The level of dilution is identified on a homeopathic medicine’s Drug Facts label. The Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) established that OTC homeopathic medicines containing 4X and higher dilutions of Histaminum hydrochloricum are safe for adults and children.
Therapeutic claims for Histaminum hydrochloricum are based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Homeopathic products are not evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Ask a healthcare provider before use if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not use if:
- Do not use more than the Drug Facts label instructs unless instructed by a healthcare provider.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your condition gets worse or if symptoms persist for more than three days.
- You have an unexpected reaction. Get medical help right away.
- Your symptoms clear up and return within a few days.
- You develop new symptoms.
- You take too much. Immediately contact a healthcare provider or the poison control national helpline right away at 800.222.1222.
The Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) is the official guidebook that outlines standards of identity and purity that homeopathic medicines must meet.
Materia Medica (or “materials of medicine”) contains information about the specific symptoms of disease and the homeopathic medicines used for their treatment.