CHPA Elects New Board Members for CHPA Educational Foundation
Washington, D.C. (November 17, 2015) – Two new members were elected to the Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) Educational Foundation Board of Directors during the association’s board meeting, held November 17 in Washington, D.C. Christopher D. DeWolf, president & chief executive officer, Lil’ Drug Store Products, Inc., will continue to serve as chair.
“We have a highly engaged and committed board and we all look forward to working with our newest members,” said Emily Skor, vice president, communications and executive director, CHPA Educational Foundation.
“I thank our chair, Chris DeWolf, for offering his leadership and counsel as the foundation continues to grow. This foundation is fortunate to have such an impressive array of industry experience on the board who help us deliver impactful educational campaigns and initiatives. As more consumers embrace self-care, the foundation educates them on safe use, storage and disposal. Through partnerships with providers, government, and consumer groups, the foundation is increasing knowledge of safe use and changing behavior.”
In September, the foundation released a national survey on consumers’ knowledge and attitudes around the appropriate use, storage, and disposal of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. This survey informs future foundation programs and initiatives and allows us to measure our progress and impact in many areas of safe use.
CHPA Educational Foundation board members include:
- Christopher D. DeWolf, president & chief executive officer, Lil’ Drug Store Products, Inc. (foundation chair);
- Theresa Agnew, vice president & chief marketing officer, GSK Consumer Healthcare*;
- Emile Lee, vice president, North America Communications, Johnson & Johnson
- Scott M. Melville, president and CEO, Consumer Healthcare Products Association;
- Jeffrey R. Needham, executive vice president and general manager, U.S. Consumer Healthcare, Perrigo Company;
- R. Stephen Neumann, vice president of consumer insights and consumer relations, Bayer HealthCare LLC ;
- Mariclaire T. Payawal, vice president, Global Public Affairs and Policy, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare;
- David C. Tomasi, marketing director, Vicks North America, The Procter & Gamble Company; and
- Jane Wildman, president, North America, Combe Incorporated.*
*denotes newly elected to this position
# # #
The Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) Educational Foundation’s mission is to serve as the trusted source of information on the responsible use of consumer healthcare products including over-the-counter medicines and dietary supplements. Foundation initiatives educate consumers on how to use, store, and dispose of OTC medicines responsibly.